On February 3, 2008 Jason Vassell was the target of a racist hate crime. Since then he has been further victimized by a racist prosecution. We, a coalition of community organizations, students and faculty, seek your support in challenging this racist prosecution.
Join the J4J Coalition!
We, the Coalition for Justice for Jason, believe that Jason Vassell has been unjustly charged. He is the victim of a racially motivated hate crime, and a victim of a racist prosecution in the Massachusetts Justice System. We believe that the charges brought against him should not be brought, and do not reflect justice. We believe that District Attorney Scheibel’s continuing campaign against Jason Vassell does not represent the interests of justice. We stand for the immediate dismissal of charges against Jason Vassell.
Are you a member of a local, regional or national organization that is interested in pursuing Justice for Jason and Justice for all?
Join us by becoming a Coalition Partner
and help us win Justice for Jason!
cforms contact form by delicious:days
Current Organization Endorsements:
- American Civil Liberties Union Massachusetts (ACLU)
- American Friends Service Committee Western Mass.(AFSC)
- Anti-Racism Ministry Team of First Congregational Church, Amherst
- ARISE for Social Justice
- Concerned Faculty and Librarians for Justice
- Massachusetts Society of Professors (MSP)
- Northampton Committee to Stop the War
- Out Now
- Prison Birth Project
- The Real Cost of Prisons Project
- Traprock Peace Center
- TRGGR Radio
- Unitarian Society of Northampton and Florence (USNF)
- Western Mass Jobs with Justice (WMJWJ)
- Women in Black
- Young Men of Color Leadership Project
- Western MA Copwatch
- Community Activation Network
- International Socialist Organization Western Mass.
- Poverty is Not a Crime
- Youth Advisory Committee, YWCA Racial Justice Program (Tucson, Arizona)
- Dr. Nikitah Imani and ReapALife Afrikan LifeCenter (Harrisonburg, VA)
- Students for Justice in Palestine at Hampshire College
Click Here To Read Statements From Endorsing Organizations
JOIN US NOW!
If you are interested in Joining the Coalition please contact Jasmin Torrejon
with your Organization Name, Address and Contact Information at: